- The number of essays and subjects tested varies by jurisdiction.
- The essay day usually precedes the MBE, and is generally scheduled on a Tuesday.
- In some states (e.g. Texas) the essay day follows the Multistate day.
- In California there are two essay days; a candidate will be given:
- Three essays on the morning of the day before the Multistate Examination day.
- Three essays on the on the morning after the Multistate Examination day.
- Some states use the Multistate Performance Test (MPT) and/or the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE) , generally tested on the essay day.
Multistate Bar Examination (MBE) Day
- This examination is a 200-question multiple choice exam (10 of which are being evaluated for future tests and are not counted) given in 48 states on the same day:
- The last Wednesday in February
- The last Wednesday in July
- The MBE is the same examination given in all (48) states
The subjects tested, as of fall 2014, are:
- Civil Procedure (27)
- Constitutional Law (27)
- Contracts (28)
- Criminal Law and Procedure (27)
- Evidence (27)
- Real Property (27)
- Torts (27)
States Differ Somewhat in Testing Requirements
© 2014 Reed Law Group, Ltd.